This year, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC celebrates the coming of the cherry blossoms and honors its Oriental heritage with the traditional Japanese custom of “Hanami”. This centuries-old practice translates to “blossom viewing”, and is a way to welcome in spring by gathering under blooming cherry blossoms with food, drinks and friends to marvel at the natural beauty of the “Sakura” (cherry blossoms).
Experience the “Hanami” tradition with Springtime by MO, which provides guests with a blanket and gourmet picnic for two to enjoy under the blossoms, conveniently located steps away from the hotel. The cherry blossom viewing continues in a specially selected guest room with exclusive views of the Tidal Basin and cherry trees.
Springtime by MO is available from March 10 to May 24, 2017 for a minimum two-night stay with daily rates starting at USD 585. The offer includes:
* Accommodation with exclusive views of the Tidal Basin and the city’s famed Cherry Blossom trees.
* A cherry blossom viewing “hanami” gourmet picnic for two.
* Daily breakfast for two in Muze restaurant or in-room dining.
* Complimentary valet parking.
* Complimentary high speed wireless internet access for up to six devices per room.
Since 1912, when Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo gifted the city 3,000 cherry trees to honor the lasting friendship between the United States and Japan, the blossoming of those cherry trees along the Tidal Basin has signaled the start of spring in the Nation’s Capital.