In an effort to discover the best designer talent at the forefront of advanced fashion, the Saks merchant team is inviting emerging designers to apply to present their women’s ready-to-wear collections in person.
In order to be considered, designers must submit digital look books to be reviewed by Saks’ fashion and buying offices. After review, select designers will be invited to the showcase where they will present their collection to the Saks team. The event will be held at Saks Downtown on Friday, April 7 2017.
“Saks believes in the future of fashion and is committed to supporting the industry’s next generation of talent,” says Saks Fifth Avenue Chief Merchant Tracy Margolies. “We’re thrilled to host our second Emerging Designer Showcase and look forward to seeing what all of the talented designers out there have to offer.”
Designers that will be considered for an appointment with Saks Fifth Avenue’s merchant team must meet the following criteria:
- Designers must be women’s ready-to-wear focused
- Designers must bring a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 product samples for review
- Designers must bring line sheets with wholesale and retail pricing
- Designers must be able to fulfill orders and have production and shipping capabilities in place
- Designers can bring current and past look books for review in addition to their samples
Designers must submit their digital look books for review to FashionOffice@saks.com by Monday, March 20. If selected to attend the showcase, designers will be notified by Friday, March 24.